Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Owl Craze... Hoooo knew?

Lately I’ve become infatuated with Owls.  Everywhere you look, it seems you can find one of these googly-eyed majestic birds staring back at you.  From fashion, home décor and textiles, to cookware the Owl has taken up residence.   

I'm lovin' these fall fashions featuring our friend the Owl...



A couple weeks ago while rummaging through the clearance aisle at Michaels, I came across this cute little guy and knew he'd be an adorable accent on my new wine bar.  He was originally $29 but was marked 70% off, so I ended up paying only $8! Thanks Michaels ;)

Isn't he cute?  I named him Oliver the Owl.


Here's a great idea for an Owl inspired cupcake, perfect for a back-to-school classroom treat or an office party favor.  Look closely - all you need to achieve this adorable Owl face is a bag of Oreos and a pack of Reese pieces.  Simply twist one Oreo in half and place the icing face up.  Then apply two brown or yellow Reeses pieces ontop of the Oreo icing.  TIP: to ensure these don't fall out of place, dap a speck of your cupcake frosting onto the Reeses before applying to the Oreo icing.  Finally, add an orange Reese piece for the Owl's nose.  Easy, peasy!


These next few pictures were just too cute not to share.  I'm really loving the Caffeinated Owl Chart and just might print this out to place next to my coffee station. 



I hope you enjoyed.  "Owl" be back soon!
 
 
kara.michelle
"A wise old owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. Now why can't we all be like that ole' bird?" ~Mother Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment