Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Friday Everyone!

Ahhh, the weekend is finally here.  Are you as relieved as I am?? 


I love my Friday afternoons and today I’m antsy to get over to Bath & Body Works as they have put their 3-wick candles on sale 2 for $22! They are normally $20 each and you can typically use the $10 off a $30 purchase coupon on top of that so I end up paying $35 for FOUR of these amazing candles. Not too shabby of a deal, eh? They have rolled out their Fall scents, and I highly recommend Leaves. It smells like a cool walk in the park with a side cup of cider. Sweater Weather is also a favorite of mine but I find it’s not as strong as Leaves. Go check them out!



Also starting today, Michaels is having a HUGE sale on seasonal items - fall stems, pumpkins and storage baskets are all marked 50% off, and all clearance items are an additional 50% off. Remember my steal at Michaels a couple weeks ago, Oliver the Owl? He's only $4 now! I can't wait to dig through the clearance bins and see what trinket I find to revamp and add to my home.


My patience for this sale has paid off because this weekend I plan to create pumpkin topiaries for my front entry. I'm debating on leaving the pumpkins simple and cream-colored, or if I should add some type of letter applique to spell out "Welcome"... what do you think?

The great thing about building your own pumpkin topiaries, is that you can use them from September through Thanksgiving. All you have to do is keep them simplistic in September as we ease into the fall, in October, add a witch hat or some fuzzy black spider decor, and then when Thanksgiving rolls around, add some corn stacks or scarecrows.  I'm loving all the possibilities, and this is a really easy DIY project.

I hope you enjoyed and that I left you with some fun weekend project inspiration! 

Enjoy your weekend everyone! XOXOXO

kara.michelle
"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." ~Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment