Tuesday, September 24, 2013

DIY Kate Spade Inspired Place Setting

Last Friday I mentioned I was working on my own Kate Spade inspired place setting for my formal dining room. I was able to finish up these little pretties over the weekend and I LOVE them... However, I made a opsie on my prior post!! Rather than a gold colored Sharpie, I used an actual gold paint pen. It had more of a metallic finish that I was looking for in comparison to the Sharpie. The white plates were purchased from the Dollar Tree (they are so versatile, go pick up a set and get creative!!), as well as the 3-hole reinforcement stickers.

Just apply the stickers in a random design to your liking, and color inside the interior circles with the paint pen.

I allowed mine to dry overnight and then carefully peeled back the labels. Then the next day, I baked them in the oven for 30 mimutes at 250 degrees to ensure the paint cured. 

Here is a picture of my inspiration.  Again, this is the Kate Spade "Ticker" collection: 


And here is how mine came out :) ...


I paired the plates over gold chargers from Michaels, and added two napkins that I got on clearance from Pier 1 a few weeks back. One is a slate green color that matches the walls of the room, and the other is a cream and gold silk print.  I LOVE the end result! I'm already brewing up ideas to change out my napkin holder for the upcoming holidays. I will probably make a cream and gold pumpkin for Thanksgiving, and a sparkly gold reindeer for Christmas. Wouldn't that be so cute!?

By the way readers, have you noticed with each blog post I share one of my favorite quotes? I love reading quotes from others, it's so inspirational and it's like you are actually hearing their personality through their words. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I do.
 
Check back later this evening for my ootd!

XO
kara.michelle
"She mixes her matches and experiments with color." ~ Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment