Monday, October 14, 2013

Style Icon of the Week - SJP!

Hellooooooo, it's been WAY too long since my last post! I really need to start dedicating more time to my sweet little blog. First of all - THANK YOU soooooooo much to all my readers for all the recent sweet emails filled with compliments and encouragement. They are so thoughtful and I greatly appreciate each of them more than I can say.
 
So as you may have noticed, I've really been getting into fashion bloggers lately. I'm obsessed over piecing together unique outfits, so I decided each week to share a "Style Icon" post, showing pictures of someone's style who really catches my eye.  And to kick it off, I couldn't think of anyone better than the lovely, Sarah Jessica Parker....


I think Sarah has this adorable way of balancing her glamorous celebrity lifestyle to her down-to-earth hands on mom lifestyle. She really pushes the boundaries of what's acceptable, and I love that about her. Why? Because that's how she catches your attention!

When attending a red carpet event, she always looks elegantly stunning. Every inch of the outfit, her accessories, even her hair and makeup complement each other. At least in my opinion that is ;) Look how amazing she looks in this Valentino gown. This picture was taken at the 2012 NYC Ballet Fall Galla. Being a ballerina, this would be the type of dress I'd love to wear after a performance. It's flowy, the pale color reminds me of my pointe shoes, and the hair in an elegant up-do resembling a bun. Simply perfect!


I personally think we see Sarah's true style when we catch her walking her kids to school on the streets of New York. Many fashion critiques say she looks as if she rolls out of bed, finds something to throw on and rushes out. I completely disagree! Her playful miss-matches are what I find most intriguing. And as shown below, she's back to rolling up one pant leg again this fall.


Maybe it's because I love Carrie from Sex and the City so much and to me, Jessica will always be Carrie... but like her fashion style or not, you can't deny that she's grab your attention a time or two!

Hope you enjoyed!  And I promise I won't stay away too long this time ;)

-kara.michelle
"I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet." ~Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment