Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Favorites!

Yay, it’s the weekend! Are you as excited as I am??
I’m was super happy when I stepped outside this morning as we finally have some cooler weather and no humidity. It’s going to be a great weekend in Nola, I have two very special friends celebrating birthdays and lots of local festivals are happening.  The fall is truly my favorite time of year as so much is going on in my wonderful city. 

I’ve been inspired by so many fellow bloggers lately that I’ve decided to join the blogger world bandwagon and start doing “Friday Favorites”! Here are some things I’m really lovin’ on lately…


Fringe
Ok, fringe this season is everywhere… boots, bags, necklaces, tops, sweaters and I’m completely obsessed.  A new adorable local boutique named Candy Apple just opened near my home and they have had the most adorable fringe items! If you aren’t local to the New Orleans area, do yourself a favor and check out their stuff at www.facebook.com/shopcandyapple  This week they advertised fringe clutches with adjustable straps that are all the way from India.  Can you say, gorgeous!?  Look at this detail…




This Quote
I absolutely loved this picture when I came across it on pinterest. We often forget to stop and appreciate the overlooked, ordinary things around us too often.  This is a little something I’m working on… appreciating the beauty in everything around me. 

 Purple Lips
I’m loving dark purple lipsticks for the fall. Unfortunately, finding one that meshes well with my fair skin and blonde hair has been really difficult. Leave it to MAC! After much help from the MAC artists, I picked up Rebel, in the Satin Lipstick line for $12 and it’s the perfect shade.  

 
No-Bake Desserts
I love to take my time and bake something from scratch that’s really rich… but let’s be honest, my schedule is just crazy lately and I simply don’t have the time. No bake desserts are so easy and they are the perfect last-minute party treat! The past couple weeks I’ve been playing around with some Halloween inspired treats and my favorite thus far is white chocolate dipped Oreo cookies! Just pick up a pack of Oreos and dip them in melted white chocolate. Allow them to dry on a piece of wax paper, but while the chocolate is still wet, get creative and add a touch of decoration! These are a guaranteed crowd pleasure… give it a try!

Well my friends, cheers to the weekend! Hope it's a wonderful one.

xxoo
-kara.michelle
"There is excellence all around you, you need only be aware to stop and savor it.” -Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

No comments:

Post a Comment