Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Treat Countdown Number 8 - Mummy Brownie Cupcakes!


It’s time for DIY Halloween Treat No. 8

 If you follow me on instagram, I gave a hint that the next trip would be “all wrapped up”… how many of you guessed... 
 Mummy Brownie Cupcakes
 
These are a sure crowd pleaser! Here’s your list of supplies:
-Box of your favorite Brownie Mix
-White Icing, preferably in a piping bag
-Candy Eyes or M&Ms

Begin by preparing the brownie mix of your choice and pour into lined muffin pans.  Allow to completely cool before applying the icing. When the brownies have completely cooled, begin using the white icing by making long slashes of icing in a random pattern, leaving a small area to place the Mummy “eyes” later.  I found it easy to put my white icing into a large zip lock bag and cut a corner from the bottom.  This gave me  prefect flat strands of icing rather than a piped look. 

I choose to pick up Candy Eyes I found at my local craft store, but M&Ms, Reese Pieces or any other similar type candy will do the trick!  Place a tap of icing onto each “eye” and gently press onto the brownie.  This little tap of icing will allow the candy eye to stay in place. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to snap a picture before my family ate them all up – but the picture below I found on pinterest was my inspiration.  Aren’t they super adorable!? 
 

I hope you all are enjoying these easy, DIY Halloween goodies! I can’t wait to share no. 7… it’s really creepy!

-kara.michelle
“Everyday is Halloween, isn’t it? Well, I guess for some of us!” – Tim Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment